You know, sometimes I think the world throws things at you, just so you can tell others.
During my run yesterday (6.5 miles with 6- 2:00 intervals) I come across a guy cross country skiing.
Granted, I was on a cross country ski trail, but this is the first week of June, with the temperature of 80+. Haven't seen snow for a long time.
It looks like this guy made/bought a device which looks likes skis, and has rollers on it. Imagine 2 2x4 boards, each about 5 feet long. Sandwich these two boards together, and put some ball-bearings and springs between them. So you can push off and "glide", then pick up your other foot, and the springs will push the "ski" back in front of you, so you can land and push off again.
I swear, I can't make this stuff up.
Running count:
BunnyCount: 4
turkeys: 1
deer: 1
turtles: 1
Apparently the turtles are laying their eggs now. They try to get as far from the water as they can. I think that is why they are coming up on the trails more-and-more lately. It has been kinda fun seeing them.
Oh, and today is 6/6/6. We played volleyball at lunch, and our team won. There is no connection, but I think there was a chance I did see a snowball...
Enjoy!
Tuesday, June 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Perhaps the "snowball" has something to do with the cross country skiis......
Post a Comment