(This should have been posted 1/16)
The temperature today was about the same as yesterday. It was lower than -20 again. On my way to work again, I come over the same bend, and in the same spot, there was another car that had spun out, in the exact same spot.
Nobody had stopped to help yet. Since I had experience (!) I jumped out of the car with my little ice scraper, ready to dig out the car again. I soon learned that this car was going much faster than the car the previous day. I tried to poke at the snow to free the front of the car, but there was too much, and it was densely packed. Luckily, there was somebody else who stopped, and this person had a shovel. Thank goodness!
After the car was dug out, the two of us went running back to our cars. This time, the guy jumped out of the newly freed car, and yelled thanks and made sure to shake our hands.
I've been meaning to put a shovel in my car, but I haven't done it yet. Maybe tomorrow.
posted by RICHARD
Tuesday, February 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So, have you put the shovel in your car yet????
Post a Comment